Thread: Hello!

Post Hello!

Hello all,

Wow, it's taken me a while to actually get things together and start looking at creating my own fantasy setting for games of D&D (3.5) and possiby extending it to an online format using either NWN or NWN 2.

This is going to be quite a process as I have limited knowledge of cartography and/ or world design, and I hope, in time, I might get good at it! I purchased CC3, DD3 and City Designer, along with Fractal Terrains, but I'm not very good with them as yet. Any pointers would be much appreciated!

At some point I'll get some of my meagre attempts up for you all to critique (please be gentle!).

*Tips hat* Phytax out!

Welcome Phytax!

The one thing I say all the time with regards to CC3 is follow the tutorials

CC3 can make some mean, MEAN maps, but to do that you need to follow the tuts, and once you have done that a bit, you can really start to play with the program.

Think of it this way. Your first time driving a car (especially a standard with a clutch) takes a little bit of time to get it right, to learn how to let the clutch out without stalling, shifting without lurching etc. After driving it around the block a couple of times, you can then take that cross country road trip with confidence.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Hi, Phytax! Welcome to the club of your dreams!

I agree with Neon (but then again, I agree with him about everything--especially when it comes to CC, of which he is one of our local lords!). You will be very happy with CC--which in turn will make us happy when you start posting your maps for us to enjoy, too! Share the wealth!

As for being gentle, have no fear. This is hand down the most supportive, helpful community you will ever find. So go aheand and post that crappy first attempt that even makes you yourself cringe, then ask for advice on it, and ye shall receive! Don't ever be shy about posting here, my friend!

Glad you found us! Welcome!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]