Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Map Pack - Fantasy Maps: Lightning Train

Default New Map Pack - Fantasy Maps: Lightning Train

I wanted to let you guys know that I've just finished yet another map pack. Continuing my line of "Fantasy Maps" (though this one feels a pinch sci-fi) I've just released "Lightning Train." Great for any pseudo-industrial fantasy world (like Eberron for instance), the lightning train is a fantastic way to get players from point A to point B. It comes with 11 cars, mapped inside and out, so you can fight inside or, as everyone loves to do, on the rooftop. Anyway, I'll paste the copy below and some sample images from the "readme" as usual. Definitely feel free to check out the flash-preview of the product RPGNow. Thanks for taking a look, guys!

Fantasy Maps: Lightning Train Map Pack

Has the the lightning train been waylaid by hijackers? Are train robbers waiting quietly in the first-class cabin for the opportune time to strike? Have the lightning elementals that power the engine broken free to exact revenge for their forced servitude? Ready for a tense showdown on the roof while great bolts of electricity arcs all around? With D20 Cartographer, the story is in your hands!

"Fantasy Maps" are full-featured encounter maps designed to fill your fantastic world! This release, "Lightning Train" features a massive lightning-powered locomotive, including eleven fully-mapped train cars, inside and out. Will players be traveling first class, standard, or steerage? Whether your party is having dinner with the captain in the ballroom, mixing with shady characters in the on-board tavern, making a grand assault on the cargo hold, or having an epic battle on the roofs, it is all possible on this massive map. Print all the cars for a massive train line, or only the cars you need. All maps are in typical 1 inch = 5 feet scale.

Included for your convenience are several different formats including:
    • Full-color maps of each car (both rooftop and inside) in individual .jpg files (versions with and without grid)
    • Printer-friendly, high-contrast black and white maps in individual .jpg files (versions with and without grid)
    • PDF files with images sliced up over multiple pages for easy home-printing (Color and Black&White, compatible with both US Letter and A4 International paper)

D20 Cartographer also supports virtual table top (VTT) systems and includes:
    • 100 DPI gridless maps with objects and dungeon dressing removed
    • A folder with all ‘objects' (over 50!) in .png format for use on this map or reuse on your private maps
    • An RPTools MapTool VTT file with vision blocking and object layer set up for you

Thanks for taking a look, folks! If anyone happens to pick it up, I'd absolutely love to hear what you think in a review. As always, I wish you good gaming.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ReadMe Sample.jpg 
Views:	732 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	39623  
    Last edited by RecklessEnthusiasm; 11-02-2011 at 06:30 PM.

Thanks Ravs! This one was really fun and I'm pretty proud of it. I had to mess around with different aesthetics before I found one that I liked. I looked at a bunch of old steam-engine pictures for inspiration. Making it was a little tricky since I was incorporating my 3D renderings into the map (I'm really starting to love doing 3D modeling), but wanted to keep it from looking too computer generated. With a lot of post-processing, I think it turned out looking pretty much just like I wanted. Still, I learned a bunch and have stuff in mind that I can do more efficiently/better next time, of course.

It might not fit into some people's fantasy worlds, but it was really fun to make. Anyway, gotta figure out what my next map will be and get to work!
    Last edited by RecklessEnthusiasm; 11-02-2011 at 08:37 PM.

Oh yeah, this is sweetness RE. Looks awesome and may work in someone's steampunk world.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    Oh yeah, this is sweetness RE. Looks awesome and may work in someone's steampunk world.
    Thanks Jax! It has a sort of steam punk mystique, but isn't electric power the opposite of steam power? It is more like "StormPunk." Only, I think that title is already taken by techy Viking settings.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As posted on fb - "cooool" ... and love the cover, you're getting good at that 3D modelling
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Blog Entries

That looks great, RE. And thanks for including the larger images again for us non-gamers.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Sooo.. glad I found this website! My son is a huge fan of the steampunk genre. Looking forward to buying and downloading your sweet maps!

Thanks, my man! Definitely do a review when you do!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast