After much debate I decided to add a WIP of my world map,hoping to possibly receive some feedback (although please be nice as this is my very first map I've ever created).

The world Ervirath is very large - currently the basis for about 13 almost complete/complete novels with roughly another 5 planned out. One reason for it being so large is that many of the civilizations haven't explored that much further than their neighboring countries (thus they have no understanding of events happening several countries away); several other reasons that I won't go into here...

I'm in the process of writing a complete tutorial of how I created my world, so I won't bother adding every single step in this thread. More just screen-shots where I am hoping for some feedback/suggestions, or just general encouragement to continue working.

The below screenshot was taken yesterday. It shows the entire world at its largest. As you can see there are no real continents - more so sections of inter-joining land. This is done on purpose. Note that there are MANY areas that I haven't even begun to add terrain to yet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot2_3Nov11.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	39638

The next screenshot shows the zoomed in view of the bottom left of my world. I have attached it so you can get an understanding of the amount of detail that I am going into; I have tried to include right down to very small clusters of trees and texture of grasslands/deserts.

So far this is about 50 hours continuous work. All textures, patterns, etc are either included in Photoshop or have been created by myself.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot3Nov11.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	1,005.2 KB 
ID:	39639

I have been highly inspired by Pasis' tutorial on Rising Up Mountains in Photoshop and by Tear's Saderan's Tutorial.