Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A sneak peak at my current project! Yeehaw, cowboy.

Wow man- these are fantastic! Really makes me want to run Werewolf Wild West again *sigh*

I just picked these up at RPGNow and they are really awesome. Will there be anymore than the 4 there now?

Quote Originally Posted by swlawren View Post
    I just picked these up at RPGNow and they are really awesome. Will there be anymore than the 4 there now?
    Hey there! It turns out that western maps aren't huge sellers, so I've put this project on the back-burner for a bit while I work on a few more fantasy ones, but I really do hope to come back to it soon and get at least all the basic cliche western locations covered! Keep your eyes peeled. Oh! And if you picked them up, I would be massively grateful if you do a review for any or all of them some time. Reviews help out a bunch!

Quote Originally Posted by RecklessEnthusiasm View Post
    My only problem so far is that I can't think of a way to have awnings/overhangs that wouldn't cause problems with the overhead view.
    Since you are doing a VTT version and I believe you have targeted MapTool, one option you can use is to have the awnings as a separate object that can be "layered" and then removed. In MapTool, you could even go so far as to use Wolph42's "Bag of Tricks" to have it "remove" the awning when a token is moved under it. For that matter, if you want to do the work, you can do the same with the roofs and include the full floor plans of each building. I am kind of proud of all of the work Wolph42 did on this project of his(I am sure he has spent several hundred hours on it!!!) since I added the feature to the MT code that made almost everything in his BoT possible(the sad part is that other than a few quick tests in the early days, I have not actually had a chance to USE his stuff...)
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    In MapTool, you could even go so far as to use Wolph42's "Bag of Tricks" to have it "remove" the awning when a token is moved under it.
    Funny you should mention that--it is exactly what I did. Actually, I spoke to Wolph42 right as I started making map packs and got his permission to use his macros in my Maptool versions of my maps. I have incorporated his bag of tricks into almost every single one of my maps, and he is always listed in the "Special Thanks" part of the Readme files for his contributions! I've used his roof macros, the foliage macros, and made HEAVY use of his teleport pads for stairs/floor transitions.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123