Thread: November Entry: Deep Space Scout Carrier

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default November Entry: Deep Space Scout Carrier

It's been quite some time since I last participated in a challenge! But since I was going to make this deckplan, anyway…

At the moment, this is an 800-ton (Traveller tons) carrier designed to transport four S Class Scout ships. The carrier is Jump-3, but it can be refueled by the Scout ships, giving it an effective range of four parsecs, twice what a typical Scout is capable of. It was designed to rapidly survey relatively remote star clusters and serve as a mobile subsector IISS headquarters in areas outside of Imperial sovereignty. Since it often operates in potentially hostile space, the ship is more heavily armed than a typical Scout Service vessel

I have a rough little concept sketch so far. I've done some research on standard Traveller designs since then, and I'll certainly be trading out the space shuttle lookalikes for more traditional Scout hulls. I'll probably also include a deckplan of the Scout in the same style, but it will likely be derivative of existing plans of that ship.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deepSpaceScoutCarrier_sketch.png 
Views:	157 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	39679  
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name