Thread: Map of Högolm city

Default Map of Högolm city

Hello everyone. I'm actually new user and getting into this forum though I'd like to ask you people who are good at making maps, would you like to do one for me?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Högolm karttaluonnos.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	177.3 KB 
ID:	39710

So this is my scetch made with Paint. I know, it is kinda lousy and that is where I'd like more experienced fellows help. I would like to have map of Högolm city (the map above) which would look like an old map. You know, maybe a bit tattered, yellow.. If that is possible at all. I'd like to have some graphics there too, so like drawed buildings or roofs.
    The map could be something like 640x800 pix or more but not more than ...x1000. My point is to attach it in story written with MSWord2003.

If someone would be so kind to make that map I would be eternally greatfull.

(ps. No any kind of text in the map, please)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Högolm karttaluonnos.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	175.7 KB 
ID:	39709  

Name:	Hoegolm_v3.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	602.7 KB 
ID:	39716

So, I take it you wanted something like this? I used a few satellite shots of Gotland and Norway for the terrain base, then added a few basic bevelled roofs and fiddled a bit with the paths. The docks look awful, I know, but ... hey, it's a learning process.

First of all I have to say: fantastic work!
    And second I have to say: not quite what I was looking for which is my fault giving such a poor instructions.

I like your way to make the map. Theme of that map is exactly what I was looking for but there is some things I really need to have changed or I can't benefit of that map at all.
    Main point is the coastline. As I have drawn (pen&paper) our D&D campaign map already the coastline next to Högolm should be straight. It is not a bay as it faces at great lake Dyppvan. Docks are good, no complaining. One thing that is curious is that you think the sun is shining from west as I myself always think sun is shining from east. Well that doesn't really matter : D just wondering!
    Other thing to say about is those houses. As Högolm is northernmost city. Burned just a moment ago (in our campaign world year 947.. ah, nevermind) I'd like to have it more separeted and deserted look. Area is almost tundra and city muddy and crappy thing. Castle is good though I really would like to have it filled. I've imaginated the castle to be like Turku's castle which is whole. No spaces between the buildings.. Well nothing else.

Here is my own scetch made last night 3AM:

Name:	PB070006.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	680.2 KB 
ID:	39752

I like your work but I can't use that as it doesn't fit into my campaign world (coastline is the main problem). And I forgot that not everyone have ä and ö letters in their keyboards and Hoegolm means absolutely different than Högolm to me : D

Thank you anyway..

No problem but yeah, it's a good idea to point out vital bits, like if the coastline has to be very straight and so forth - although even straight coastlines have bays sometimes.

Personally I often prefer hand-drawn maps, since they look, well, more medieval!

No problem but yeah, it's a good idea to point out vital bits, like if the coastline has to be very straight and so forth - although even straight coastlines have bays sometimes.

Personally I often prefer hand-drawn maps, since they look, well, more medieval!