Thread: Keep on The Shadowfell - The Keep level 1

Post Keep on The Shadowfell - The Keep level 1

This is a map I have done for use in my pbp campaign. The first level was prepared as one huge map and I will just crop the sections out as I need to use them. However the second level is being mapped room by room which is much easier and less memory intensive. The map was created in Photshop CS with various items added from various sources including Dundjinni, Maptools and anywhere else they were freely available. A few of the lesser items were done by myself. The grunge map I feel adds that little bit extra to it.
    It's huge file (3500x3000). Please note that in this map the hidden areas are, well, hidden I use tokens to represent players etc (via MapTools) as can be seen by the goblin in the middle cell in the top l.h corner of the image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shadowfell1.jpg 
Views:	4629 
Size:	4.18 MB 
ID:	13695  
    Last edited by arcanus; 05-27-2009 at 05:08 PM.

looks good. Good to see another version!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Neat stuff.. almost makes me want to play again
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Journeyer

Nice job!

loyd

Wow, that is a lovely rendition of Shadowfell Keep. I'd have loved to use this when I played through the module myself. =)

what about the second level?

Guild Member

Nice work. I am hoping you can answer a couple of PS related questions for me.

1) How do you draw continuous straight lines easily? I know you can hold down the shift key while using the pencil tool but is there an easy way of connecting lines together even when making 90 degree turns?

2) Can you tell me how/what you used to fill the wall lines?

Thanks for any help. I am new to PS and am trying to blaze my way through.

Smyrin: Search the tutorials forum for Duvik's tutorial on making dungeons with Photoshop. You might also look at his tutorial about making a grid, since I think he built on the technique he first developed there.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Guild Applicant

Thanks to arcanus on this map, even though its several years back. My D&D group just learned about MapTool and we're currently part way through Keep on the Shadowfell. Excited to take a big step forward in the way we play the game!