Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Physical Map of the World of Tethadrias

I very much prefer the recent versions, great job. My 2 cents would be to get rid of a few islands around Tarrindor, looks a bit crowded to me. Also, I don't know if this is part of the setting or not, but the shape of Erelen looks a little squarish and unnatural to me.

The islands around Tarrindor are actually a product of a major event in the world's history in which the original landmass was broken into what there is now. The land that was close to the central breaking point was shattered into numerous islands. You can give the history a read if you like at http://tethadriasproject.webs.com/storyoftethadrias.htm

I like the rivers now

Yep.. rivers look MUCH better now! still not fond of the art on the ocean.. perhaps a different color or perhaps make a bit more sharp... I really don't know what to suggest... to me... the styles just seem to clash.

The river on the bottom left continent that empties to the south, I would suggest either making it a more direct route from the volcano/mountain(straighter) OR build up the mountain chain a bit more toward the SE direction to help make the large "oxbow" make more sense. Also, the northern most island river also seems to start in lower elevation and run through a mountain chain, so I would suggest shortening it a bit more or add a mountain just "north" of it.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Fixed those two river issues pointed out by jfrazierjr. I assume by bottom left continent you meant bottom right lol. As for the art, I don't have much time right now, but I will see what more I can do to it later.
    Thanks for all the help so far everyone!

Here is the most recent update. I have changed the shark fins graphic a bit, how does it look now? Any other suggestions that could possibly replace that graphic if its not that fitting?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Physical WorldMap.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	39940

In addition, I was playing around and tried to make it look more like a painted map. Any thoughts about this one? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Physical WorldMap Painted Look.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	39941 The biggest difference is in the mountain areas if you can't really see big changes.

A few more changes made to the sharks graphic. Here is the most recent image: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Physical WorldMap.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	39973

I think I'm getting close to calling this map finished, if nobody else has anything to say about it. However, I can't decide which I like more: The map in the above post with the shark graphic, or this map with the ship graphic that I changed slightly to not look so fine lined and fit the style a bit better -Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Physical WorldMap Ship.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	40044

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12