Thread: Hi from Holland

Post Hi from Holland

Hi, I'm new. I'm a GM from The Netherlands for a Dutch RPG known as Queeste (Dutch for "Quest").
    I'm developing a gameworld for which I create maps on RPGMapMaker (for Mac only). This is a tile-based mapcreator, that's very easy to use for the graphically challenged (like myself). However, the tutorial on using GIMP looked so tempting, that I decided to give that a try and finally say goodbye to 72 DPI resolution maps.

Welcome Scytale!

We have some good GIMP users about, I know they be able to help with any questions you may have.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Im a fellow N00b myself here. I just started teaching myself digital art, and so far so good!

I have 15 years of drawing on graphpaper, so the conversion hasn't been to tough. I'm fairly computer savvy so I've been picking things up rather quickly!

I just downloaded a couple of programs that were mentioned here and I'll start cracking at those soon myself. It'll be fun to have someone to learn with!

Anywho, welcome to the boards! I'll see ya around!
    The pen is truly mightier then the sword, for with one quick stroke, a pen can kill your drawing; but the sword takes a couple hits before you drop it into negitive HP.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Greetings and Welcome scytale!!!

There's plenty of Gimp related info here as well as some Gimpguru's to help you along the way. I hope you find what you're looking for and look forward to seeing maps when you get them done.

Del

Welcome, scytale! I can't add to what others have said except to underline my support of turnung to another app such as GIMP: once you've made it up the learning curve a bit, you won't believe the power at your fingertips (especially with RobA's and others' guidance!)

Make sure to post your works-in-progress, too, so we can all enjoy your work!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Wow, such a warm welcome! I'll add data about MapMaker asap. I just managed to install GIMP (had to download X11 as well, because I lost my install discs. It took a while, but I think I've got GIMP running now. I'm now goning to follow the tutorial step by step and see what I come up with.