Thread: Let me introduce myself...

Guild Applicant

Default Let me introduce myself...

Hello, everybody!

Nice to meet you here. I'm not really qualified to join the guild, because I'm not a cartographer. I just love maps very much. Any kind, really - from the ones in National Geographics Maps collection to some crudely drawn but very imaginative pieces I'm seeing in online forums and fan sites.

My graphics skills are very rudimentary, but I have some experience as a writer and storyteller. So maybe I could be useful. My primary reason to join, however, is so that I could enjoy and discuss maps posted here.

Thank you for the amazing work you do!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome, vienastoks. There are some Guild members who like you claim to have no artistic talent, yet they produce nice maps. So don't despair of ever being able to express yourself in the language "Map". Maps or any visual art are just ideas and feelings put down in graphical form. If you handle words well, you are a sort of artist; you only need to practice to develop your map expressiveness.

If you're a writer - are you familiar with the phrase "a picture is worth a thousand words" ? A simpler graphic with eloquent text might be just what you need.

But you're certainly welcome just to lurk and discuss if you like!