Thread: For a Fading Suns RPG campaign

Post For a Fading Suns RPG campaign

Greetings everybody (yes, you, the artist which is obviously better than me at drawing something) !

Why the thread/request:

I am actually looking for interest in creating/drawing maps for my futurist/modern/medieval campaign. Fading Suns, for those who doesn't anything about it, is :

Humanity's once-bright future is fading. The ambition that propelled it to the stars and inspired two great republics has died, replaced by a fear of technology and a hunger for stability. Royalty and serfdom have overtaken enlightened republican rule, and most of humanity cowers before the might and sermons of the Universal Church. The church decries technology as sinful and as proof that man has usurped of powers best left to the Pan-Creator points to the very real fading of the suns, a phenomenon allegedly caused by mankind's excesses.

Fading Suns RPG is a fantastic game set in the far future, where humanity with the help of relic jumpgates left by a mysterious progenitor race has conquered the stars. Serfs, nobles, churchmen and merchant leagues wrestle for power in space and on terraformed worlds that are slowly dying from human hubris or the fading of the suns. All the while, dark forces conspire to consume the souls of men.
    I am not a publisher, but a mere Gamemaster looking to give a boost to his new campaign.

Commission:

Actually, I would be more please to find an artist that would do some drawing for free, of course. But why am I asking here on the Cartographer guild for maps? It's because I don't have time to do it myself. Someone said that time is money so yes, I am ready to pay some fee for some maps I will request. I am sure that when peoples will see what I am asking, I will be given their fee for that kind of work.

Time Constraints:

I will depend on what I have to do and what I will need. Actually, my campaign will start next monday (14th nov. 2011). I was unable to find what I was looking for while skimming through the net for hours (which is a BIG loss of time for me). I do need a small space station for space pirate in which there will be jails to keep those they capture.

Style

The style I am looking for is the one from FUTURE ARMADA. Of course, I do not necessarily need such level of details on each of the map I may need. I will usually be needing B/W maps (rarely color one).

http://ki-ryn.com/Future_Armada/07.Vanguard_Demo.pdf

Description of Map

The kind of maps I will need will be interior of space stations, space ships, mining stations, planetary buildings, etc. A few exterior maps like crash site and such. I won't need worldmap or planetary stuff.

Quality & Size
    I will be interested by Professional or semi professional maps. I'm 38 years old and I know what I like!
    It will be for print use.
    I will usually need battlemaps like 1 inch = 3 feet = 1 meter.
    As for [Raster / Vector], it will depend on what I need or even more on if you can do one of these or both.

Copyright

The artist will retain copyright of the map if it's free or low cost.
    For higher cost, we will discuss it.

Thank you for your patience and for reading my bad english.

PS: It's time for me to write some post over here, I only have made once since 2007! You are going to have to send your stuff by email until I get 5 posts, thanks.

Current job to do for Nov. 14th, 2011 NEW DATE - TAKEN BY Midgardsormr DONE

This is not a big map, but we all know that doing that kind of map can take a lots of time. I'd like to see what you can do. Can you do it for me?

You can send your creation if it's your wish at this address : grummore **at** gmail xxx com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spacestation.jpg 
Views:	424 
Size:	502.3 KB 
ID:	39657
    Last edited by Grummore; 11-10-2011 at 08:11 AM.

Did I frightened anybody with my request? No answer...

I sent you an email with a proposal.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Less stress, my game have been post-poned until next monday (14th nov).

Thanks for answering Midgardsormr! I have replyed your message already.

I'm still taker for anybody interesting to try these maps.

Thanks.

edit: I misspoke. Grummore's elected to go ahead with my proposal. Mapping away!
    Last edited by Midgardsormr; 11-08-2011 at 05:39 PM.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Job completed! Thank you Midgardsormr! Done in a very short time. Discussed with me as a professional (which he seems to be already). Asked questions when needed.

Another job will surely arise, for another day...