Thread: Wilbur Locks After Erosion Cycle

Default Wilbur Locks After Erosion Cycle

I am working on a 4000 x 3000 pixel greyscale surface bitmap (PNG) use the Filter > Erosion > Erosion Cycle. After the Erosion Cycle has finished (progress bar box reaches 100% and closes), I try to close the Erosion Cycle dialogue box, then Wilbur locks and crashes.

I know Wilbur is uber slow, but is this a true lock and crash, or is Wilbur still doing something and just not showing a second progress bar to indicate this?

rmfr
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ErosionCycle.png 
Views:	131 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	39802  
    Perhaps imagination is only intelligence having fun. - Albert Einstein

A good friend will come down and bail you out of jail. A best friend will be in jail with you and say, "Dude, we screwed up."

Sorry, I should have included that the greyscale PNG was generated by another HF program. However, it was saved as a PNG-8 Greyscale Terrain.

rmfr
    Perhaps imagination is only intelligence having fun. - Albert Einstein

A good friend will come down and bail you out of jail. A best friend will be in jail with you and say, "Dude, we screwed up."

It's likely that Wilbur is still doing something. To get OpenMP things to work properly I had to sacrifice the user update dialogs for some operations. If the Program Manager is showing 100% CPU then Wilbur is probably doing something useful like calculating flows ( an O(n*n*n) so it can get extremely slow - hours slow - on larger surfaces ).

As an aside, I haven't used the Erosion Cycle thing in several years and don't remember its precise algorithm.