Thread: IC Brochure Map

Map IC Brochure Map

I'm going to be starting a campaign soon where the PCs are FBI Agents. Their first case takes place in a ski town right at the beginning of the season, before it's really underway. I wanted to provide a map, but I didn't want just everything out in the open and I also didn't want to have to map out boring details that were, really, irrelevant (I only want them distracted by ACTUAL red herrings, not the fact that there's a residential area on the map, etc.).

So I came up with the idea that the map was one of those crappy brochure maps you get at, for instance, 6 Flags or whatever that're very cartoony with the scale all jacked up and certain establishments are huge so you go there to spend your money. I was in a bit of a rush and also trying to make the workmanship look poor. The map elements themselves ended up slightly crappier than I meant, but overall I like the effect.

The resolution here is really big so you'll probably be able to spot the flaws easily, but the finished product is printed on an 8.5x11 and the ink jet covered for me a bit. I'm not particularly looking for critique, though if anyone has some general stylistic ideas, feel free to share. Mostly, I thought this was a neat and different idea I had and thought I'd share. Someone who thinks of it a bit more before they need it than I did and who has more experience/skill could probably do some really cool stuff with this concept. It also allowed me to have a map in my modern campaign without having to be as good as the USGS.

So. Enjoy!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Velforth Map Small.png 
Views:	251 
Size:	3.51 MB 
ID:	2697  

Nice idea! I like it a lot. In fact, I may swipe it for my next Unknown Armies game. Have some rep for cleverness. Or not. Looks like I've repped you too recently. So you get phantom rep. It spends just as well as the real thing!
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Durn, I can't rep you for that clever idea either.....hmm, to rep-mobile!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

That's awesome; I love the concept and the execution. (looks genuine to me)

Hahaha--great, great, great idea! Like you said, the actual brochure is a rush job, but I absolutely love what youdo have completed and the idea in general! Great going!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]