Thread: Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 5 available for FREE

Default Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 5 available for FREE

Magix (publisher of Xara software, among others) is offering Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 5 for free. It's not the latest version (currently v.7) but still a good deal.

Download the software here. When you register within 7 days, you'll get your free activation code.

The installation does add several other Magix programs that you can go to your Control Panel in Windows->Add Remove Programs and delete them if you don't want them. And beware of the opt out for the Ask toolbar.
    And make sure you reboot after you entered your activation key, or Xara will tell you the key doesn't work.

Offer lasts until november 24th.

Frans

(not affiliated with either Xara or Magix, but a longtime Xara user)

Just so everybody who doesn't know - all my maps are created with Xara Xtreme Pro 4, which is the predecessor version of the software mentioned above. So obviously Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 5 can do everything that I can do in maps and some more as well. It's worth looking at for free software.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Oh, I like this! I've always loved Xara Xtreme's vector drawing capabilities for bw art, but since I have Illustrator I never quite felt like dishing out for it ...

I've got Illustrator too, I never use it though. Xara does everything I need much easier, faster, and less memory consuming then Illustrator.

Not just maps though, I use Xara to do all my professional page layout for my print/PDF products. I use Xara for all my illustrations. Then in my day job (graphic design studio) I use Xara for pretty much everything - from sign design, web graphics design, logo design - really everything.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

If you have a choice how you're networked when you download it, ensure you're on the best broadband you have access to - it's a 365Mb d/l from what's probably an overloaded server.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Yeah I noticed the download was quite slow. I'm on a 25MB fiber connection and it took several minutes to finish.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.