Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Example-Map.JPG 
Views:	1836 
Size:	652.4 KB 
ID:	39854

Okay... maybe the gurus of mapping can help me here. I have tried everything I can think of inside the confines of the included sparsely informative manual. I created my world from scratch pretty much using a hand drawn overlay for the coast lines and painted in the land masses using a Waccom tablet. I got the entire world looking beautiful, shape wise but the fine interior details of the land are... ugly, way to rugged and porous and no matter what tool I use or how many times I run Global smooths the land is ALWAYS bumpy like a 14 year old acne infested teen's face. What am I missing here? Why can't I smooth this terrain out effectively? I have been working on this for a week and I just want to scrap the entire project at this point and take up knitting. Any suggestions? Fixes? How-To-Do's? Any help would be appreciated.

Attached is a zoomed portion of my world. I am using a Custom scale of 4096 because I was following the really good tutorial I located here on using Frac Terrains 3, Wilbur and Photoshop to make a detailed map. So far... can't get out of the first part of the Fractal Terrains 3 part of the tutorial as the land is just way to harsh to bring into Wilbur as is.