Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Skyrim

Blog Entries

Well I ended up getting it but haven't really spent much time on it yet. The interface itself isn't as bad as I was expecting from what everyone has been saying and I can certainly live with it. The thing that gets me the most is the damn mouse responsiveness. I've applied all the ini fixes I can find so far but it still isn't how I would like. Moving the mouse across a menu or the map is like dragging a piece of cotton through custard. :s

Anyway... the missus bought me Skyward Sword as a christmas present but gave it to me early so as far as I am concerned Skyrim can go take a running jump until I've had my Zelda fix.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Guild Novice

Bought it and have played about 10-15 hours on it. I'm having a blast. I loved Morrowind and Oblivion as well - this seems to be much more in the style of Oblivion but with improvements. The interface is simpler and character progression is more streamlined. The quests seem more interesting with more surprises as well. I'm told everything in Skyrim has been hand-done, from object placement in Dungeons to the outdoor maps etc., unlike Oblivion... and I think it shows.

I've been sneaking around sniping and casting illusions from day one, then summoning daedra to defend me when things get dangerous. I've only scratched the surface of the main plot and the world in general. I've spent 90% of my time in and around the town of Whiterun.

BTW, bow use is definitely hard on moving targets, but I believe it's on purpose - there are traits you can pick up on the archery tree that slow targets down when you zoom in on them while wielding a bow. I assume they felt it was a little too easy in Oblivion and made it more difficult in Skyrim. There are also traits for trained bow users which give a 50/50 shot to stagger a target when you hit them and/or give you a chance to paralyze a target with a hit. I will say that I'm bow-focused in the game and haven't taken the slow-when-zoom traits yet and I'm doing well enough. I get creamed if the two-handed swordsman gets to me, but usually I'm well-hidden and sneak attacking -- I also a conjured minion at the ready to help me out if I don't do enough damage with my first strike to seriously wound my target.

Cheers,
    Moorcrys

Guild Member Facebook Connected Alex's Avatar

I will be getting it for Christmas on PS3.

I am told it is an incredible game you can get lost in -- and I love worlds like that. If I can travel and find new things every time or at least appreciate the beauty of the world, then I will definitely love this game. It was tough picking between getting Zelda or Skyrim for X-mas. I really love the Zelda games.

What I really love (slight sarcasm) about Skyrim is how my character can decapitate enemies with her mace. I'm not sure about her name, I just called her Lady Whitesnake.

Guild Novice

Hah, yeah. It's pretty cool to see where my arrows strike. I'm always excited when I get a head-shot, although it's funny when I snipe someone from the shadows and they start running around the room saying, "What was that? I thought I heard something..." with an arrow sticking out of their forehead. The game isn't perfect but it's a heck of a lot of fun. It IS cool when another person stumbles across one of my victims and crouches down long enough to tell the body he'll avenge the dead guy's death. I'm in the middle of vampire hunting right now.

Well, Im playing Skyrim and it seems pretty nice, my character is level 14 but considering that this is my second save (i had to start a new one, my first was at 14 as well) I've already played a lot of the game.

As I'm playing on PC, the only thing I think its bad is the fact the controls on PC version are really bad, sometimes you can use the mouse, sometimes no, you have to use the keyboard, who have already played the PC version know what I'm talking about, they transfered a game from PS3 to PC and just changed the controls making it a little strange to play.

I basicly didnt do much of the main quest, I'm doing mostly side quests, specially of the Companions, and its nice to become a werewolf

After ~100h i really like the atmosphere, the number of quests and the skillsystem. But its really annoying that the improvement of your equip is tied to enchanting/smithing and and so far i've found no(!) item which is better than the crafted ones. Combined with the skillsystem this means that on the longterm completing a quest rewards you with nothing. Even gold has no value at all because you can sell a iron dagger with a banishing enchant (the one which banishes deadra up to a certain level) for 1.5k
    Probably i'll try a character without craftingskills soon, lets see if this helps.

What i also miss is the ability too create your own spells, i've played a firemage up to lvl 30 or so, and he has hmm something like 3 offensive longrange fire spells, of which one is really weak, one way to expensive without craftet gear(4*25% reduced mana cost - but this again destroys gear development ), so that you end up all the time casting fireballs.

My second char was a assasin(sneak/bow) which is really fun most of the time, but lately i experiencend some bugs with sneak attacks

Fights again dragons are awesome except in the beginning, but after the 20th they get boring, i'd like some more abilities, and not only breath attacks.

But all in all its certainly the best game i've played since dragon age 1, and way better than oh-i'm-lvl20-and-killed-by-a-rat-oblivion

Guild Novice

This thread made me have to... HAVE to buy the pc version to see for myself. Comes in tomorrow..

I am waiting for the mod community to fix the porting to PC. A friend says he found it better than Fallout 3 which is saying something about the game.
    Blog: Too much game lore? | Diablo 3 guest passes
    Riftforge: (WIP) Map of Rift Isle, protected by elite raiders ( Play now }

I've succumbed and bought it. I'm just wandering around gawping at the fantastic lighting, modelling etc. The cinematic feel of the game is great. I'm playing it just for the rpg rather than gaming sense and trying to get 'in character' rather than gaming the game. For example, I spend a lot of time walking rather than running, it feels right and there's so much to see. It's only day 1 though, I suppose they throw a lot of goodies at you early in the game. Absolutely loving it. The ported interface, once I got used to it, doesn't really bother me at all.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast