Post November Entry: In'shari Venture Yacht "Bellen"

Completed piece:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jo'feen's Ship (20111103) [release].jpg 
Views:	11206 
Size:	504.1 KB 
ID:	40136

==--==

Well, I've done enough lurking around here for the past while; this contest seemed too good to pass up on! I'm currently attempting NaNoWriMo, and have begun a novel set in a game world I've actually mapped around these parts before. I took raypunk as my theme - that is to say: raygun-toting, jetpack-powered sci-fi fun. Because my protagonist relies upon her ship (as players of the game would), it made sense to map it out, even just to help me keep track of where the medical supplies and such are.

Being raypunk, I thought initially of using a rocket, but I thought this would make for a pretty monotonous showroom if that was all the game's players could choose from. Instead I've gone for a trimaran hull, based very loosely upon the chunkier-looking tin plate toy spaceships of the time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fullscreen capture 13112011 115232.bmp.jpg 
Views:	2090 
Size:	291.6 KB 
ID:	39872

I have a little more information up at my Tumblelog, here.
    Last edited by Sinnyo; 11-23-2011 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Named the thread incorrectly - noob error!
    "Leave nothing but journey histories, take nothing but pictures; speak softly and carry a big lightsaber."
    raygungoth.net | @RaygunGoth (known by that handle most places but here!)