Name:	mapa_amostra.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	39874

Hope to get soma advice

Wip First attempt at mapping

Hello guys,
    First post here, and first map too.
    I never tought i could do a nice map before, but thanks to this forum i got motivated enought to try!
    I cant draw, so i used the brushes provided by Ramah.
    Hope to get some advice...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mapa_amostra.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	39897

Guild Apprentice

Wow, great first map! Well done!

I like the textures, there is maybe slightly too much contrast between the light areas and the dark areas for me but that's just personal preference rather than anything else.

You do need to have a look at some of your rivers though, there are a few river splits. Rivers normally converge rather than split and where they do split they normally very quickly come back together again. In areas of reliable flooding (or semi-reliable) you might see a river split and converge many times during the non-flooded times but the splits will tend to be confined to the flooded width of the river i.e. along the river bed.

It's still a cracking map and a very impressive work

Ooo, I love the mountains and the trees, are those the brushes you mentioned? If so, where can I find them

Also loving the texture in the land and waters. Will you be adding more to this map? If so, can't wait to see more. If not, can't wait to see what you draw up next!
    ~May

I like the colours you've used. I think the rivers might be doing some funky stuff like splitting downstream though. What sort of scale is the map supposed to represent? If it is a very small scale then you might want to make the rivers a lot thinner. Also it might be worth looking at making the tree symbols smaller relative to the mountains, but that's just a matter of juggling and what works best for you.

Great first map and great start! Have some rep to help you on your way!

Guild Apprentice

The forum seems to have eaten my earlier post, but I basically agreed with ravells.

It's certainly a fantastic start

Ah, just realised what happened to my earlier post as there are 2 identical started threads going on here

Nice first map, keep up the good work

Fantastic great start~ I too think the rivers are doing some strange things and might need some editing, but other than that I just love the structures of your land.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Thanks furious, threads merged.
    yeah... sorry about that, i posted one time but it seemed to disapear, so i posted again...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast