Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fort Flavian

Wip Fort Flavian

Another one of my maps that I dug up.

A simple fort.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Flavion Fort.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	608.3 KB 
ID:	2780  
    The pen is truly mightier then the sword, for with one quick stroke, a pen can kill your drawing; but the sword takes a couple hits before you drop it into negitive HP.

Very nice map. I'd love to see you colour this one.

Nice digging job! Do you plan to play with this one more?
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

I agree, I nice map. Simple in design and labeling. Nothing complex.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Didn't get to much done on this so far, but its progress none the less! I used the same grass as my other map I used a while ago, but tried something new for the walls.

How does it look thus far? Any suggestions on tips/tricks to make it work better?

I still have to fade the grass away from the river, but i have an iteresting idea i'm going to try for doing that...

Name:	Flavion Fort color.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	2792  
    The pen is truly mightier then the sword, for with one quick stroke, a pen can kill your drawing; but the sword takes a couple hits before you drop it into negitive HP.

Ok so I did alot more work... Still need to run some touch ups... but thats going to be about it for today...

Input please? After staring at this for hours its kinda starting to blend together.

Name:	Flavion Fort color.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	819.1 KB 
ID:	2806  

wow it's looking better and better each time.

Now you should put the effort on the 3d effect of the map (shadow and light)

then we'll be able to tell you more where the changes need to be done.

I realy like your fense and your wooden dockside
    Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

So it could be use here : www.l-hazard.com

I am liking the wall quite a bit. The furniture is quite nice, too, although you should flip the long table in the upper left building vertically so that the shadow matches the two short tables.

I think I'd make the doors leading to the wall interiors stronger, and indicate arrow loops. That way, if the enemy breaches the first gate, they can't break into the wall interior too easily, and they can still be attacked while they try to deal with the second gate. I'd also assume there are murder holes above that area--nasty situation to find yourself in!

Your dirt texture is sharply focused--the details are clear. The grass texture, though, is blurry, which jars a little with the rest of the map. Also, there is a radial pattern in the water texture; that's a little odd since it's supposed to be a river. If you have the ability to make your own textures, there was a nice mini-tutorial on creating water here: http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...highlight=ship

Or you could just go out and look for a free water texture from the Dundjinni user forums or one of the texture sites listed in the Mapping Elements forum.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

This is looking great.

I love the docks and the walls. I agree that the blur on the river is a bit odd. I also really like the worn path look. I'd probably widen the section between the main path and the dock path a touch though.

Ok so I need some input before i can continue this map.

-3d effects.
    I need to create some form of 3d effect, most likely a shadow, to show the walls of the towers and buildings as actually being tall. How should I go about doing that?

-Water.
    ok so i've been struggling with the water... I can't get it to do what i want it to do. I need help!

-other stuff.
    Any suggestions to make it more polished is very welcomed!

Thanks for all your help so far guys!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast