Thread: Good morning!

Default Good morning!

Hello everyone!

You may call me Navi. erm... ::waves::

So what am I doing here... I've been into table-top roleplay for about 8 years now, fantasy and many other settings, and I'm beginning to GM my third campaign (I spend most of my time as a player) - a d20-based game in a Legend of Zelda setting, toward the end of the seven years when Link is asleep in Ocarina of Time.

Of course, no campaign setting is quite complete without a view of what the world looks like, right? I've done detailed overworld maps for my previous campaigns, but this time, as a die-hard Zeldaholic, I'm going to be a little more fanatical about it. Hyrule is a big place, but as you see it in the videogame world of OOT, it's a little barren for an RP setting. I'm taking some liberties, then, in filling in areas and expanding populations and smoothing away the obvious game-world-ends-here cliffs, and that means I'll be making extensive maps of every region in Hyrule, including the ones I just made up.

I may post my maps of Hyrule as I finish them, as well as some of my older maps, if you guys want to see them. My favorite map-making tools are graph paper and a pencil, and GIMP - what can I say; I'm a sketch artist at heart - so it's easy enough to drop an easy-to-read .png up here, if you like.

Anyway, I'm here because I think this will be a great place to find help and resources and to show off a little to people who might actually be interested in my geekery. So, nice to meet you all! ^^;

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

What does OOT stand for?

Also, welcome! Post your WIPs as you go so we can see them!! I love Zelda so I am interested in seeing what you come up with.
    ~May

Ocarina Of TIme ...

Quote Originally Posted by jbgibson View Post
    Ocarina Of TIme ...
    Oh haha, fail. I haven't really used short forms of Zelda games, I just say/spell the whole thing out so I hadn't seen that before.
    ~May