*Waves*

Greetings and salutations. My name is Julie Ann Dawson, owner of Bards and Sages Publishing. We publish roleplaying games and speculative fiction. I stumbled across this forum while banging my head on the keyboard trying to find help with maps. I have map maker software (Campaign Cartographer) that I have used for small scale projects in the past. But to be honest, I'm a writer/designer, NOT a map maker. My boyfriend insists my inability to create a decent map is directly related to my complete lack of direction sense. There may be some truth to that.

Essentially, I've come here mostly to lurk and perhaps occassionally stalk a more talented map maker to offer them money to make maps for me. Though I love reading about processes and have found some of the discussions very interesting. If nothing else, hanging out should give me a better idea of how map makers think and approach projects, so I can give better directions when I do hire someone.

So for now I'll mostly lurk, but maybe eventually I will upload one of my horrific map attempts and you can all point and laugh.