Thread: The REAL Cartographers' Guild

Default The REAL Cartographers' Guild

I wasn't sure where to put this, so here it goes.

Here is a link to the "real" Cartographers' Guild. I like this forum so much that I wrote a fictionalized version of it for my campaign setting project, the Hourglass of Zihaja. The HoZ Cartographers' Guild (or rather guilds, as there are four of them) is/are a trade union dedicated to mapping the world & recreating the maps that were destroyed when the Old Empire collapsed. I hope that you enjoy the reference to this wonderful site, & note that the Notable Members section includes some famous map-makers from here (in anagram form, of course).

Here is a product of their work, a Layman's Guide to Siraaj, as hosted on DeviantArt. It is a deliberately (at least, by me in the real world) inaccurate map of the Lisan Coast of the Central Continent, centered on the City of God. Compare to the actual map of Siraaj & see if you can spot all of the mistakes.
    Last edited by Zeta Kai; 11-17-2011 at 10:27 PM.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected

I just poster a link on that page to this page.
    This cavern is below all, and is the foe of all. It is hatred, without exception. This cavern knows no philosophers; its dagger has never cut a pen. Its blackness has no connection with the sublime blackness of the inkstand. Never have the fingers of night which contract beneath this stifling ceiling, turned the leaves of a book nor unfolded a newspaper.

Haha that is cute!
    ~May

Lol Nice.