Greetings,

I've held off on posting any WIP threads here at CG for the longest time, in part because when I look at the talent you the community have shown, my meager offerings pale in comparison. Your all very talented and quite ingenious in your designs.

In any case, over at Dragonsfoot Chat I was asked if I could create a large 50 mile regional map for a friend that will be the focus of an adventure that progresses via river upstream and needs the following:

Waterfall
Giant Beaver Dam
2 Lakes (1 with an island where lizard men reside)
Rural Village at bottom of map
Marsh

This is my first time using Gimp, so this is both a WIP and also an ongoing lesson in to what the software is capable of.

I've made some progress on the layout, but mostly its been a case of designing a texture set that blends together. With that work done - still need to go back and ImageSynth a couple of the textures before calling them final - I've moved on to the layout.

Included here are a couple images - a 1/4 scale full map (5000x5000 - 128 meg full size), and two images which include full size close ups of the Waterfall and Giant Beaver Dam.

I hope this is in the correct section and that my work is worth viewing.

Cheers and thanks,

Silverleaf

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Abbotsford50Mile.png 
Views:	174 
Size:	3.15 MB 
ID:	40076 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AbbotsfordFalls.png 
Views:	150 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	40077 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AbbotsfordBeaverDam.png 
Views:	423 
Size:	753.0 KB 
ID:	40078