Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: [WiP] Radigast - city mapping

A tutorial? Well ... it's embarassingly simple and time consuming. Pen tool and illustrator and lots & lot of layers.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

Wow that is outstanding. I really should take some time to learn Illustrator, I currently do everything in Photoshop but it has it's limitations.

And it's a really low blow, but Radagast is one of the wizards in Lord of the Rings :p

Yes, I know. Radagast the Brown, who lived in the lodge along the upper course of Anduin the Great, where he was encountered by Bilbo Baggins and the Dwarves. Don't ask me! Gary Gygax put Radigast into the Flaenass!

Guild Member

Holy cow im going to go and cry in a corner somewhere. I was just starting to look at creating a city map. I think i'll just stop now - that is awesome.

It's actually very easy to make a map like this - the only thing you need is time.

In all honesty, I think I goofed this map a little bit - I should have made the river wider. Oh, well ... live and learn!

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by nichollsr View Post
    Holy cow im going to go and cry in a corner somewhere. I was just starting to look at creating a city map. I think i'll just stop now - that is awesome.
    I'm with Nicholl on this one. If you need us, we'll be in the corner, crying in our soup/cereal/beer.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukc View Post
    It's actually very easy to make a map like this - the only thing you need is time.

In all honesty, I think I goofed this map a little bit - I should have made the river wider. Oh, well ... live and learn!
    Don't worry about it, maps don't have to be to scale - mediaeval maps were more about giving an impression of a place rather than measuring things exactly. I'm just about to post up a WIP map I had been quite proud of until I saw yours, lol.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456