Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Hello, all.

Absolutely beautiful maps, Andy. I'm so glad you've decided to join our band! I have to say I'm in the minority school of preferring the Freeport map to the Erengrad map, but they are both absolutely beautiful. I've always really rated Warhammer 40k artwork, and your Calixis sector map is a joy.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Absolutely beautiful maps, Andy. I'm so glad you've decided to join our band! I have to say I'm in the minority school of preferring the Freeport map to the Erengrad map, but they are both absolutely beautiful. I've always really rated Warhammer 40k artwork, and your Calixis sector map is a joy.
    Thanks. It's always good to find someone else that like the Freeport map in preference to the Erengrad one. You're not alone, many people have told me much the same thing (especially those playing in the Freeport setting!). That said, Erengrad certainly does seem to be more popular.

Personally, I think I prefer the map of the Freeport islands and continent from the same book, but I've not spotted that one online anywhere yet, and I've not posted it into my (pretty pathetic) gallery. I did a few things a little differently on that map, and I was pretty pleased with some of the end results.

Oh, and thanks for the compliments regarding Calixis as well. It was a pretty big undertaking, and it's good to see it was well-received not just by fans of the game and Games Workshop, but by others as well. I couldn't really ask for more than that.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345