Thread: Re-Introduction - GWiley - Delft, NL

Post Re-Introduction - GWiley - Delft, NL

Hello, my apology; I've been inactive. For my site, usually, I draw a landscape and then write an episode of a saga - pencil drawing and story from somewhere in my mind. I'm a purist in some ways - meaning I like the pencil sketches and the feeling between the person drawing and the paper via the pencil. Then Photoshop entered my life. That is taking a while to understand. I like the drawings in black and white better but color adds a lot to what any viewer might see.

The nice thing about Photoshop is it is an entire artist's studio on the pc. And when you are tired or interrupted, no brushes to clean, no canvas to stash somewhere where the dog won't step on it, and no clothes smeared with colors turning everything in your washing machine pink.

I have been reading the posts - so much information. How to get a forest to look like a forest, shadow and time of day, shorelines. Good stuff in here! You folks are impressive.

I look forward to participating more and learning more.

Regards,
    Gary

Hi, GWiley. Welcome to the guild. Noting your gallery maps, and having looked up your website, all I can say is the current hand-drawn maps lite competition is NOT the droid you were looking for. <hand wave> Move along.

:-)

If you DO enter said competition, I am SO toast. Actually, we all are. That's really nice stuff, sir. Rep-worthy, indeed. I don't suppose you can show us such work in progress, so we can gain a clue?

Thank you for your kind words. I am new to this site and still trying to figure how it works. I do not plan to enter any competitions because I am still on the cliff side of the learning curve.

Regards,
    Gary