Thread: RPG Map - Xorvintall, the Great Game of Dragons

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post RPG Map - Xorvintall, the Great Game of Dragons

And so I finally break down and ask for help.

I personally have no skill in cartography, yet despite this I find myself building worlds for gaming purposes that I require (okay, maybe more 'really like') maps for. The most recent attempt is a map for a dragon-centric Dungeons and Dragons campaign, in which the players are Exarchs to a Xorvintaal dragon. Xorvintaal, in short, is like a cross between chess, poker, Risk and War. It's more convoluted than it sounds, which is saying something.

The game itself is set to take place in a pocket dimension/demi-plane designed by dragons specifically to play their Great Game. I would greatly appreciate any aid I get in this project. Heck, I might even come back for a (professional?) remake of the world map for my real campaign world. Sadly, I'm broke, so this is much more a request than a commission.

Time Constraints

Sooner, rather that later, as with everything, would be favourable, but the map wouldn't be required for at least a month. Likely more, considering the speed my games tend to go at. (Edit: I need to pull the gaming group back together, so you have a while yet, considering how flakey gamers can be at times.)

Style

I have no preference on style, though 'dragon-y' and 'draconic' elements would be preferred, perhaps with a gothic flavouring? Magic flair can also be included if the artist wishes.

Description of Map

The map would be of one pangaea-like continent, with a large variety of biomes and possibly an in-land sea. There is mortal habitation, but beyond their changes, the land was designed for dragons. The continent/plane/world would be called Xorvinatl.

Edit: There is one of each type of climate, including arctic. I envision at least two mortal kingdoms, one roughly in the centre, and one toward the southeast. THe continent itself would be large, with possibly a few islands (and island chains) scattered about, though perhaps focused on the western side of the continent. Perhaps a seafaring culture there. The north (south of the arctic part) Is a large mountain, possibly volcanic. Scattered about would be gates/portals to quarantined parts of other planes, such as the Elemental Planes and such. Actual landmarks, locations and the like are at the artist's discretion.

Quality & Size

Large enough to be legible for any labels the artist wishes to include. It's for web use, so over all, size is a non-issue with upper-limits. I am willing to accept semi-professional work, again, so long as it's legible and usable.

Copyright

Copyright stays with the artist. This is not a published work, so I merely wish for permission to use the map for private gaming purposes.

draegonkin [at] yahoo [dot] com
    Last edited by Byzantine; 12-25-2011 at 06:35 AM. Reason: More data.