Thread: Images in posts

Post Images in posts

I have a small query that some of you may be able to help with.

There appears to be a limit of 5 images per post here. Not really an issue, expect for one thing: emoticons count as images.

For someone like me, who uses emoticons a fair bit in his post, this seems oddly restrictive. Is it intentional? It's especially restrictive because I like to quote the post I'm replying to, and if the original post includes emoticons, that means I'm restricted to posting fewer, or none, in my reply. This seems a little odd.

Anyway, not a biggie, but I thought I'd ask about it, just in case I'm a moron and I'm doing something wrong.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was not aware of the emoticon limit...I'll look into increasing or removing that limit later today. Sorry about that.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    I was not aware of the emoticon limit...I'll look into increasing or removing that limit later today. Sorry about that.
    Perhaps you're not an over-emoting freak like me?

Anyway, nothing to be sorry about; after all, it seems the board got by without it for a pretty long time (at least, it seems no one else was complaining about the same image-limit as me; thus, no one needed it), so it isn't a necessary feature. I thought I'd check just in case it wasn't intentional (which it appears it wasn't).

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Upped the limit to 10...

This should also make posting tutorials easier since more screenshots can be done in a single post.

Community leaders, please keep an eye out on this for abuse by anyone. I doubt it will ever come to that though.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    Thanks Robbie. I noticed it the other week as well, (due to the emoticon thing) and just "fixed" it by not emoting
    That's exactly what I did. I edited out a bunch of smiles, grins, and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    I forgot to mention it, 'tho.

-Rob A>
    Ah, well, I've never been one to keep quiet. If I notice something I'm unsure about, I typically query it, just to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Upped the limit to 10...

This should also make posting tutorials easier since more screenshots can be done in a single post.

Community leaders, please keep an eye out on this for abuse by anyone. I doubt it will ever come to that though.
    Thanks very much. I'm sure that'll be more than enough.

That said, if I find myself hitting more limit messages, I'll be sure to drop a post here.