Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Etrenor

Default Etrenor

A land until recently full of piece under the influential and powerful Council of Kings, taken surprise by a plague that which the world has never seen the likes of. The very few survivors say "Corruption that brings forth black clouds and kills entire cities." Some even report that victims’ skin crawled with an unnatural frenzy before their boils erupted and beetles escaped from them.The majority flee the infected areas with haste... But alas, not nearly hasty enough, for the Plague has already destroyed half of Etrez.

The Council of Kings in a emergency meeting on top of their sacred and holy Mount Amelaa in the pristine tower as the people of Yuntari call it. They decide to form what is now known as the "Etrez quarantine," They quickly build 11 towers, 3 on one side 8 on the other. They are enchanted to make a physical barrier surrounding the affected areas.

A month after all of this is finished the Council decides to spread propaganda to hush most of Etrenor to stop the mass Hysteria that would of happened. Yet word still reached many ears, and it spread. Scared, people began to pray to old gods... Unbeknownst to them they inadvertently stirred many gods from their slumber. A new era, a new interesting one at the least.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Etrenor.jpg 
Views:	428 
Size:	2.87 MB 
ID:	40261

Finally, after a while and much deliberation I have finished it! Some things are left unnamed for a reason, such as a bunch of the shrines, I want people to guess whats there, and I want my players to go exploring there!

Heres it without all the labelling and borders.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Isle~.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	4.49 MB 
ID:	40262
    Last edited by eViLe_eAgLe; 11-29-2011 at 07:19 PM.

Rep-worthy mapping, even if some of the labels are hard to see.

Awesome map! The cities and the fields reminds me Jasmine Coast' map (by Ascenscion).
    Is there any tutorial about this style of map?

Oh! just one thing, I think you'd forgotten the "e" of "metropolis" on the legend
    Last edited by adunakhor; 11-29-2011 at 12:35 PM.
    >>>>>>>My finished maps!<<<<<<<

Its all fixed up and good here,http://evile-eagle.deviantart.com/ar...enor-271593768 I also updated the info a bit. As for the Jasmine Coast, yea... It was a major influence.

You've made a dark brooding map - beautifully balanced. I like the first version because the shaded title contributes to the "this is a dangerous place" look of the map. I also like the second version which concentrates the color combination. Regards, Gary

You did the mountains using an emboss blend and then hand carved all the valleys, didn't you?

In a way you could say I did.

Thanks for all the comments guys! And thank everyone who helped me in the WIP, it means alot.

Nicely done Eagle. The colors and textures all turned out great. My only advice would be to slightly tone down the brightness/opacity of the outer stroke to the big sea label, and increase the brightness of your scale. Those small things aside, I really like the map.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks! Ill take those in account next time I make a map of this style, I decided to put this one as 'finished' because if I didn't... I swear I would keep fidgeting over the details for months on end.

How do you make the itty bitty cities? Tutorial please!!!! They are awesome!!!!
    Brad LaVario: [ Home ] [ Blog ] [ Gallery ]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast