Thread: Introversion City Generator

Default Introversion City Generator

I picked up the humble introversion bundle several days ago. If you've not heard of it, the humble bundles are basically game bundles where you choose what you wish to pay and how it is split between developers, charity, etc.

Anyway, with the latest one came two tech demos, one of which is a modern city generator. It's very much a demo but it does generate a rather nice city. It has only basic settings to choose from (small, medium, large, omghuge, and whether you want it in shiny polygons or wireframes). There's also no export feature so you have to printscreen or the like.

It does use a seedcode thing though so if you use the same seed as before, it will generate the same city.

I have attached an example of the output below.

I would love to see them develop it a bit more so you could do more things with it. But it's still pretty fun to play with as is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	citygen.jpg 
Views:	1160 
Size:	192.5 KB 
ID:	40266  

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

neat- now if you could only export as vector - and, as Ravells suggests, texture ... a change of view I guess is possible
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

You can't texture it or export it in any way, sadly (which is why I'd love them to do a bit more work on it). You can view it from any angle you please though, including from directly above.

Perhaps just get the view the way you want it. Screen capture it with your favorite program. Pop in to your art program of preference for texturing.??
    "Aye The skies be clear , the seas be calm and the winds be with us .....

ARGH!! but the damn compass be broken!! "

Capt. Noah Swalter Last voyage of the " Silver Crest"