Thread: color trouble when uploading

Default color trouble when uploading

Greetings all,

Whenever i upload my map, all the color look so much more rich than they should. when i view them in photoshop or windows viewer the colors look fine. Is there something i should be doing to make it appear like it should when i upload it. Also the thumbnail looks like someone scribbled horizontally all over the map with a black pencil. thanks.

Im using firefox on a windows 7 machine
    Our sense of the stability of the earth is an illusion due to the shortness of our lives.
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson

could it be because the image was done in CMYK instead of RGB?
    Our sense of the stability of the earth is an illusion due to the shortness of our lives.
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson

well, i figured it out. Since it was in CMYK and not RGB it wasnt being read correctly by the browsers. I saved it as a pdf then changed the color settings from CMYK to RGB, saved it as a jpeg, opened it back up in photoshop, switched it from CMYK to RGB then saved it as a jpeg again. Changing the color profile in acrobat allows you to switch it to RGB in photoshop without the colors changing.
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson