Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: November/December Lite Challenge Entry: Mar Kentavros

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mar Kentavros WIP6.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	445.1 KB 
ID:	40307

Thanks Tilt ... now, this is it for today - got to get some other stuff done too! The time's come to raise the dpi on the scan to 150, so you can actually read things as well. I've got most of the mountains and things done, finished the swampy bit mostly, started adding the salt flats. A few more hours should see this sucker mostly done.

The borders are in slightly different weights, to give more of a contrast to the map. I also think the lettering is all done - I don't see much room left to add stuff*! Till later ...

*except the crabby sea monster, a witch somewhere, maybe a sphynx, probably some wyrms ...

** also I just noticed the borders and roads are going to have to go in too!

Ooooo, purty, Lukc. If the compass rose (or anything else) dissatisfies you, nobody said this has to be drawn on one sheet of paper.... draw you a new one on really opaque material & paste it over this one. Though I don't see anything wrong with the present one ...

Interesting to watch it develop and to hear the reasoning for each step. Thank you. It has the look of maps we have from long ago - the 3 figure groups you added to the corners works well to my mind. Your compass is also effective - fits right in. (I smiled seeing the place name, Kastel Terd... :-)

Regards, Gary
    Last edited by gwiley; 12-03-2011 at 11:29 AM. Reason: typo

Name:	Mar Kentavros WIP7.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	566.3 KB 
ID:	40399

I'll bet you probably thought I'd run out of time and run off, but no. I just had a very busy weekend. Such is December. Anyhow, I've now practically finished inking the map itself and the only thing left is to finish off the cartouche, background and legend for the map.

I've been considering how it would look if I added a bit of colour to the work. What think you all?

Think it needs more reeds or sth?

Looking really good so far Luk. I kinda like it uncolored my self, but I guess you could try it both ways and see which you prefer.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by Lukc View Post
    Think it needs more reeds or sth?
    At the moment what confuses me is that it looks like it might be the sea. Maybe if you used the normal marsh symbol... \|/ on top of a horizontal line? Dunno might look too cluttered.

Hmm ... not sure if it would be too cluttered. The map symbol doesn't need to go on every horizontal line, every third line would do. Also, there aren't many labels in that area of the map, so it would probably work.

Name:	Mar Kentavros WIP8.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	581.9 KB 
ID:	40409

Touched up the swamps, erased a few pencil marks (not yet finished) and started on the legend. Progress continues.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast