Thread: Dangerous Back Alley ( 2 Maps )

Map Dangerous Back Alley ( 2 Maps )

These 2 maps show the same city block. The first one shows the buildings with the roofs on them. But, we all know that our players don't always go where we want them to, so the second map shows the same area, but with the roofs off of the buildings and the interiors fully detailed.

These maps were made almost entirely with DundJiinni, with just a little bit of Photoshop postproduction to fix a few details. Almost all of the art pieces used came from the DundJinni users forum.

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome. Hope you enjoy the maps.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Back Alley-Buildings_bg.jpg 
Views:	923 
Size:	2.95 MB 
ID:	40298 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Back Alley_bg.jpg 
Views:	757 
Size:	3.05 MB 
ID:	40299

Nice stuff.... Would it be possible to provide the roofs as a separate PNG? Either individually(preferred) or as a whole PNG layer? Most VTT's have an option to show/hide stuff and these very nice maps would benefit from being able to hide the roofs without having to swap out the entire image(again, separate roofs would be preferred...)
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

very cool - one can help but be amazed by the sheer volume of dundjinni objects
    and you did a good job putting it all together - guess your players is going to have some fun
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Nice stuff indeed. Is there a way to do the lights (lanterns and candles etc) in Dundjinni or did you do them manually afterwards in PS?

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    Nice stuff.... Would it be possible to provide the roofs as a separate PNG? Either individually(preferred) or as a whole PNG layer? Most VTT's have an option to show/hide stuff and these very nice maps would benefit from being able to hide the roofs without having to swap out the entire image(again, separate roofs would be preferred...)
    Thanks glad you like them
    Here are the 6 roofs ( 5 in 2 zips and 1 not zipped to get around the uploading limits )

These maps were not made with VTT's in mind so the floorplans won't line up perfectly with "snap to Grid" functions. I have recently posted a tower map that was made for VTT grids as well as 8 outdoor maps at rpTools / Maptool.

Name:	Back Alley-Tavern.png 
Views:	919 
Size:	2.82 MB 
ID:	40309Back Alley-Church.zipBack Alley-Swordshop.zip

@ Tilt: I have used the individual buildings in several games, but I have not run my players on the full map yet.

@ Pasis: Thanks, All lighting and shadows were done in DundJinni. Here are some lanterns and torches I made (not used in this map though)

Name:	Lantern-wall-Yellow-gt_bg.png 
Views:	2887 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	40312 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Torch_fire5a_sc_bg.png 
Views:	1526 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	40313 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Torch_fireball3_sc_bg.png 
Views:	1163 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	40314
    Last edited by Bogie; 12-01-2011 at 12:06 PM.