Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: website info

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    You'll probably want to turn the scrolling on in the left frame.

Done.

I forgot to check that, since I'm using a big monitor in high resolution.

Also, any comment on stuff (or pages) to add or on text error
    is really welcome,

Alu.
    Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

So it could be use here : www.l-hazard.com

Blog Entries

Hey Alu, thats really cool. It stresses my poor french but ill make it

I am seeing a lot of function text at the top of the page starting...

0&&parent.frames.length) { d=parent.frames...

I'm using firefox and looking at the source it seems as tho you have missed a comment end --!> type tag just before the java script bit and its parsing the > in the func >0&& etc as an html tag end leaving the rest of the text as stuff to read.

I'll see what can do for firefox user cause the html was done with dreamweaver and I'm still in the process of learning most of the commands.

Until then cheers,
    Alu.
    Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

I fix the problem for firefox user.

I also start the translation to the english. But I think I will have to come back after to check all the text to make sure it still make sens in english too.

If you find any problem just let me know.

P.S.: Does anyone of U know how to make a forum like page for visitor to leave comment and question ?

Tx,
    Alu.

A php guestbook is probably the simplest way to do what you want. Just type that phrase "php guestbook" into Google, and you'll get a variety of scripts that can be fairly easily tailored to your needs.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Praise

I just wanted to express how impressed I am with the quality and quanity of help offered by guild members to guild members on such a wide range of endeavers. Map making, scripting, wikis, simple web design, nothing is out of bounds or ignored. Rep to both Midgardsormr and Redrobes for their helpful responses.
    "Rationality is the recognition of the fact that nothing can alter the truth and nothing can take precedence over that act of perceiving it."

Atlas Shrugged authored by Ayn Rand

Hi again from a long time back.

I've been so much busy lately that I miss 3 challenges and a lot of stuff. Well in any case, here the reason why: at the spare time have been put on my little website ( www.l-hazard.com), mostly for the translation process who took forever .

Well not it's finish and I would like you guys to go and take a look and then give me some comment to make it better or if there is some problem with it (like the previously with the Firefox). Since it's the first one I ever did up to now.

And also I would like to thank all of you who did help during its creation process. It was really appreciated.

Tank-U
    Hand-sea-u-hall-late-her,
    Alu.

Just take note that the site still looks a little fussy Firefox for some unknown reason.
    Ex.: all table got their size double and some frame got shrunk or expended too large.

The site was made with macromedia Dreamweaver for the explorer...

I'll try to change that as soon as I find out.

Thanks,
    Alu.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

When you click "Nation" and then click on the map, say "Rokugan", it jumps you down...the problem is that the "Top" link does not take you back to the top. But that happens a lot so no big deal...heck I filed my Dreamweaver in the circular bin because I am too dumb to figure it out, so props to you for that
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Not a bad start. Personally I would ditch the frames. Search engines (especially Google) often don't index the sites within the frames properly so if you want traffic from the web, this could be a hindrance. That's just one of many associated problems with frames. Here's an interesting article about the use of frames in HTML pages:

http://www.html-faq.com/htmlframes/?framesareevil

Over all, it is a nice start. You have a ton of information (when it comes to websites - content is king).

BTW, are you a fan of the El-Hazard anime by any chance?
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast