Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [Award Winner] Simple Mountains [Photoshop/GIMP/Painter/etc.]

Tutorial [Award Winner] Simple Mountains [Photoshop/GIMP/Painter/etc.]

As requested in my introductory thread, I've created a basic tutorial for how to draw simple mountains. I hope someone finds it useful.

Click here to watch it.

This is the first video I've ever made, so don't expect much. My laptop isn't exactly the ideal computer to do this on, but it worked.

Andy, this is great. It's so very simple; I imagine many people will soon be emulating and adapting this style. Very useful video.

I hope you make many of these tutorials. You sound great and are very complete! Well done. (Plus, for us blue-blooded 'Mericans, you have a fun accent )

(Oh, and I added to the title of this thread to help future thread browsers; I hope you don't mind)

Thanks again, Andy.
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

for some reason its not playing for me ... figures... something is probably messed up on my end... it always is... but it plays the youtube just fine...

sigh....

Quote Originally Posted by pyrandon View Post
    Andy, this is great. It's so very simple; I imagine many people will soon be emulating and adapting this style. Very useful video.
    Indeed, very simple. When you have an assortment of pressing deadlines, simple, effective techniques for repeated elements win every time. That leaves more time for laying the map out and drawing the details (such as the villages and towns, if we are to continue using the Kislev map as an example).

Of course, more complicated ways will look better, but they will take proportioniately longer as well. Further, sometimes a simple style looks better for certain maps (and in the case of the Kislev map, a simple, clean rendition was, I believe, the best option).

I hope you make many of these tutorials. You sound great and are very complete! Well done. (Plus, for us blue-blooded 'Mericans, you have a fun accent )
    I'm glad I came across well. I've never don this sort of thing, so I was a little concerned I would sound the rambling fool.

As for the accent: well, I'm Scottish, so you'll have to live with it.

(Oh, and I added to the title of this thread to help future thread browsers; I hope you don't mind)
    Nope, don't mind at all. I'd've done it myself if I'd thought about it.

Thanks again, Andy.
    No problems.

Anyone else find it useful?

Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    for some reason its not playing for me ... figures... something is probably messed up on my end... it always is... but it plays the youtube just fine...

sigh....
    Odd, it's just a standard wmv file whipped up on Movie Maker (it was free and already on my PC, so it got the job). I've checked everything, and it all looks okay.

Is it working today?

If not, I'll see about sorting a fix for you.

Thanks for a great tutorial.

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Clercon View Post
    Thanks for a great tutorial.

:-)
    No problems, I hope you find a use for the technique. If you do, feel free to post your uses (or practices) here.

Doesn't work for me either. I even dug out Internet explorer and tried but no luck. I probably (like del) don't have the right codecs (or whatever) from the right version of windows media player....

-Rob A>

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    Doesn't work for me either. I even dug out Internet explorer and tried but no luck. I probably (like del) don't have the right codecs (or whatever) from the right version of windows media player....

-Rob A>
    Alright, I'll see what I can do about that.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast