Thread: The Crypt of the Mountain King.

Map The Crypt of the Mountain King.

This is a dungeon map I made a few years ago with DundJinni. It was entered in a map contest at ICE. Most of the artwork is posted on the DJ Forums, some of it is pictures I took and edited for mapping.

Hope you can use it. Comments and constructive criticism welcome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crypt1_bogie.jpg 
Views:	458 
Size:	2.50 MB 
ID:	40334

Nice map and thanks for posting it. You say its a dungeon map, but I thought it was an above ground structure because there appear to be shadows cast by the outer walls. As a very minor quibble from a newb like me, I think the floor textures should have been consistent throughout the map for what appears to be a purpose built structure. (when your building a house you pick hardwood flooring for everything but the kitchen and bathroom, and then you fight with your wife over which tile your going to buy. ). And as a complete off subject note, I think its time for me to invest in Dundjinni. The stuff you posted so far using it is making me drool a little.

Right you are about the outside shadows. When I made this map a few years ago, I had not yet learned that the only way to prevent this in DJ is to have the outer rock fill texture be a "wall" texture set at a higher level so it covers up the offending shadow. I probably should go back and fix that, but I procrastinate a lot. And it could very easily be a burial mound not an underground crypt, DM's choice.
    You are also right that MOST of the time the flooring would be consistent for budgetary reasons, but when you have the resources of the Mountain King, you can put in whatever kind of flooring you want.

Now the bad news, while the Forums at DundJinni are still going strong, the "store" has been offline for over a year and the DundJinni Software is not available for sale. We are hoping the owner resurfaces and gets things back on track, but no sign of her in a long time.
    Last edited by Bogie; 12-02-2011 at 11:27 PM.