Thread: WIP - Rúnland and surrounding lands

Wip WIP - Rúnland and surrounding lands

Hey there community!

Today I want to introduce my initial mapping project: Rúnland, a peninsula my LiveActionRolePlaying-group uses as background, embedded into a huge-scaled map that also shows all of the surrounding lands. Let me say that I'm no professional designer or something like that - just a newbie with CS3 and a cheap Tablet.

The attached JPEG showing different islands and continents is a shrinked version of my first WIP-Shot of Rúnland and it's surrounding lands. For I'm still playing with the coastlines, I've not finished 'em yet. More is to come soon. The other picture was my first-try-map of Rúnland, made with CC3 and a little afterwork with my Photoshop CS3 last year. It's not really good, but already has all the details. Enjoy.

Regards,
    Osrik
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rúnland and the North.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	166.4 KB 
ID:	40335   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Karte_Runland.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	518.8 KB 
ID:	40336  
    Last edited by Osrik; 12-02-2011 at 08:19 PM.

Welcome to the guild! I ,for one, am a huge fan of the old parchment look for maps. If you continue with this amount of detail for the whole world map this thing is going to be awesome. Thanks for posting your map.

The close up looks quite pixellated in places, maybe you should run a few filters on it, before flattening it? Hmm ... hard to say in a single sentence. Anyway, it looks good, but the pixellation / blurring is a bit annoying.

You're right, i've streched it too much. Here's the original out of CC3.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Runland.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	482.2 KB 
ID:	40343  

Nice map. I like that. Reminds me that I should crack on with my own mapping projects.

Cheers,
    Ruarigh