Thread: [Commission] - Nameless, world map

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wip [Commission] - Nameless, world map

I've been working on a commission today a world map for an upcoming rpg-setting. The setting and the world are the creations of Kim Yde Sørensen and the map is copyrighted and may not be used without permission.

This is how far it has gotten by now, still need a lot of names and icons and such. Feel free to comment
    here is the whole world and a close-up for more details.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nameless-01.jpg 
Views:	617 
Size:	123.2 KB 
ID:	40401   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nameless-closeup-01.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	40402  
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

I really like the colours and the clean lines. The only thing which worries me a little is that if this is meant to show the entire planet, you might have some problems with polar land masses - particularly the one in the corner at the bottom. I ran it through FT and this is what I got, but I'm not sure if I've done it properly!

Name:	df.jpg 
Views:	425 
Size:	248.4 KB 
ID:	40403  

Blog Entries

hehe, thanks - the map is made in the style wanted, and from the sketch delivered by the author, as such I'm not completely sure if the map represents EVERYTHING or if perhaps things like the poles are actually bigger but unmapped etc etc. but a valid point.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

Hi!

First of all, thanks for the reply, Ravells. Also, thanks to Tilt for taking my comission.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    I really like the colours and the clean lines. The only thing which worries me a little is that if this is meant to show the entire planet, you might have some problems with polar land masses - particularly the one in the corner at the bottom. I ran it through FT and this is what I got, but I'm not sure if I've done it properly!
    In this world, it is a known fact that the planet is flat. Although its inhabitants have believed that the four continents depicted on the image above was all that is to the world, a new continent, the south-western one, has recently been discovered. As of now, it is unknown whether or not more landmasses exists beyond the known world, which finally leads me to the issue of poles: While the northernmost continent, Bellatrix, fits many of the qualities associated with the poles of our planet, it is unknown what lies beyond the massive chain of mountains that stretches across the upper edge of the map.

Kim Sørensen

No problem at all. If you have any other questions or find other peculiarities, let me know. : )

Heh, and here i wanted to post the suggestion that it is flat...but the author already answered that

So, tell us about the rpg! What rulessystem are you going to use? Is it fantasy, sci fi, steampunk...etc etc ? RPG-fanatics want to know
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Blog Entries

here is a little update - I added some islands, borders and a compass, and a few rivers large enough to be seen on this scale (huge world)..

Name:	nameless-02.jpg 
Views:	1412 
Size:	152.7 KB 
ID:	40424   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nameless-closeup-02.jpg 
Views:	689 
Size:	149.5 KB 
ID:	40425   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nameless-compass-02.jpg 
Views:	792 
Size:	123.8 KB 
ID:	40426  
    regs tilt

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    Heh, and here i wanted to post the suggestion that it is flat...but the author already answered that

So, tell us about the rpg! What rulessystem are you going to use? Is it fantasy, sci fi, steampunk...etc etc ? RPG-fanatics want to know
    Well, the RP uses its own (as far as I know) unique rulessystem, combining elements from various other RPs and games. One point where the system differs from other systems, such as D&D, for instance, is its lack of dice and a non-level based way of increasing your character's power.
    The setting is focused on Nameless, a high-fantasy world, much like that of the classical Final Fantasy games (9, 10, and 12 in particular), featuring elements known from sci-fi and steampunk - such as meachnized weaponry and skyships - in addition to the classical fantasy elements.