Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Assignments

Default Assignments

@Gidde, @Djespek, @Geamon

You're the game guys, right?

I'd like to see at least 5 games or contests that you might find in a medieval fair. Drinking, archery, test-of-strength, climbing... whatever. At this point I need cunch, not fluff. Just stats and rules; we'll make it pretty later. Not too wordy.. maybe a few hundred words or so each? Enough to fit on a page with an illustration.

5 is great. An appendix-full is better.

*Edit* Forgive the @ symbols... I was hoping the forums here included a mentioning system like at EN World.
    Last edited by industrygothica; 07-20-2011 at 06:22 PM.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If someone can do the crunch I can do the fluff. I've already pretty much written the encounter and it would be easy to insert the game stuff into it.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Here's one idea:

Picking the Silk
    At the start of the tournament players buys a silk favour from the local lord's daughter and her retinue. The higher the station of the person from who the silk is purchased, the more expensive it is (but the more points it is worth). Silks of different values are distinguished by colour. Thus a silk bought from the lord's daughter (red) costs 50 gold and is worth 50 points. A silk bought from a lady-in-waiting (white) costs 1 gold and is worth 1 point.
    This is a winner stays on competition. Each combatant must pin the silk to his shoulder. Battle is joined with wooden training swords (no armour allowed). To win, a combatant must remove the silk from his opponent's person. This could be by speed and sword technique or knocking the opponent unconscious. The winner of the combat gets the silk of the loser. Those without silks are free to purchase another.
    The winner of the overall contest is the combatant who has the most silks at the end of the day.

Blog Entries

That is a very neat idea Ravs. It would also make for an awesome illustration.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Indeed. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Here's one idea:

Picking the Silk
    At the start of the tournament players buys a silk favour from the local lord's daughter and her retinue. The higher the station of the person from who the silk is purchased, the more expensive it is (but the more points it is worth). Silks of different values are distinguished by colour. Thus a silk bought from the lord's daughter (red) costs 50 gold and is worth 50 points. A silk bought from a lady-in-waiting (white) costs 1 gold and is worth 1 point.
    This is a winner stays on competition. Each combatant must pin the silk to his shoulder. Battle is joined with wooden training swords (no armour allowed). To win, a combatant must remove the silk from his opponent's person. This could be by speed and sword technique or knocking the opponent unconscious. The winner of the combat gets the silk of the loser. Those without silks are free to purchase another.
    The winner of the overall contest is the combatant who has the most silks at the end of the day.
    Ravs, I am clueless when it comes to nobility and their respective titles and whatnot. Would there be anything between a lady-in-waiting and the lord's daughter? I'm thinking that 3-5 different colored silks would be good, if there are that many ranks to assign them to.

-IG

Blog Entries

There could be a subtle class difference in the Lords Family. Perhaps a silk purchased from the wife of the lord could be worth more as well as a silk purchased from the oldest daughter of the lord and etc.

Finished Maps

Calling this Assignments makes me think of what I have said I would do - Create an illustration of the King's Cup.

So that's my deal. As soon as I get that done I'll think about what else I can contribute. BTW, the most motivating force for me on this is the possibility of the whole thing bringing in some money for the guild and that if there is one place I think deserves it, it's this place.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I just threw it in as an idea - nothing is fixed in stone, if we can't think of enough distinctions of class, we could just have silks of all values being sold by one person (e.g. the Lord's wife or whoever). It struck me that there is no incentive to buy an expensive silk, but I guess that could be answered by the fact that if you are rich knight or something it wouldn't do to be considered a cheapskate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast