Thread: T&O map

Wip WIP -T&O map

T and O map that i'm working on atm. would appreciate any feedback

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carto_guild_serdel.jpg 
Views:	513 
Size:	2.57 MB 
ID:	40441
    Last edited by sandtrout; 12-07-2011 at 02:01 AM.

Well, that's a very huge T you have there! Mostly watery world? I love T-O maps myself and my current campaign setting is derived from a T-O map. I'll be glad to see how this turns out.

A little note, though; it looks like you have three layers of patterns intersecting - the "winds" at the edges, the inner sea and the base layer of the land-O and the sea circle. Is the inner sea different land from the outer sea? What do the wind-bits mean? They're dominating the map at present.

i was aiming for a stylized version of the "known world" in my fantasy setting. the great sea in the middle, the 3 continents and the island, all surrounded by the ouroboros(the outer sea, or the sky)
    indeed, theres a bit too much water, i'll try and enlarge the landmasses, also fade a bit, or shrink the snake(btw, it's head is in the east
    ty for the comment, it helped

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

I just wanted to say that I love this map. I find the T & O maps to be a really interesting style of map and I think your map is really interesting take on it.

thank you
    i'll post an update on it soon

this is V2. i kinda liked how it turned out, but now, i'm not so sure anymore... colors r too strong maybe?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carto_guild_serdel_V2.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	4.48 MB 
ID:	40672  

I like very much this map. Colors seems fine to me, very old maps probably had strong colors like this before they fade. In fact i am more disappointed by the wavy motives around the map. They were much more better integrated in your first version than in this one, they now look too much like a istockphoto watermark... too much white outline in my opinion. Maybe keeping them filled with a blue tint without fusion mode would be better ?

yup, i hear u. they kinda look like "new bling" on an old lady... and the map's supposed to be ancient. i'll redo the patterns and play a little more with the color scheme, tyvm for the feeedback