Thread: Makkathran

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Wip Makkathran

I'm a great sci-fi fan, and I like especially the books from British sci-fi novelist Peter F. Hamilton. In his latest trilogy (the Void Trilogy) - a masterpiece of sci-fi in my opinion -a great part of the story happens in a city called Makkathran.
    On his website, Mr. Hamilton has a simple map of the city. But I felt this story needs a new and more elaborate map. So I asked Mr. Hamilton's agent a few weeks ago for permission to make a new map. Gladly I received this permission.

I made the map in style which I think fits the technological stage of its inhabitants which is similar to the Renaissance. Important sites of the story are done as 'hand-drawn' additions.
    The map is mostly completed apart from a scale. I finished the last book nearly a year ago and can't remember exactly how large the city is; at least some kilometers in diameter. So if anyone has an idea I would be thankful. As a last resort I could create a fictional 'Makkathran mile'.

C&C is welcomed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Makkrathan small.jpg 
Views:	706 
Size:	3.28 MB 
ID:	40445  
    Last edited by Sapiento; 12-08-2011 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Corrected the name of the city