Thread: [Commission] Zoh

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default [Commission] Zoh

This was an unpaid commission I picked up from the Maps requested thread. The person who has requested it seems to have disappeared so there are a few blank spots in it. I was trying my hand at drawing an old style sort of map with hand lettered labels for the towns and cities, but I was a bit of a coward and rather than writing them directly on a printout of the map, I wrote them on paper which I had drawn guidelines on, scanned it, autotraced the labels into vector and bumped them into place - which is why they are mostly horizontal. Repositioning the labels letter by letter onto a curve looked like it would get boring very fast.

I beautified the map in the cheap age old way by using textures and clipart. Not sure if it really works.

I'm kind of liking the labelling though and will work towards drawing it directly on the map, like LukeC does (a braver man than I!). The problem with trying to copy the style of older maps is that you need a huge resolution to read tiny labels.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	moe_export_08.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	40478