Thread: Harold's Sky Haven

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Gerenan's Avatar

Map Harold's Sky Haven

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Harold's Sky Haven20110503_0000.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	40486
    A safe place for an orphanage up in the mountains. Was used during a campaign I made for two 12 year old boys I was sitting after school about 5 years ago. Still one of their dearest role-playing memories. It's, as all of my maps, hand made and it's obvious how unskilled I am. Still thought it might be of interest to show of some of my work.

Though this site hosts numerous professionals, there are loads of us amatuers here. Props for sharing your work up front! I still love a fresh sheet of graph paper. I found a pile of it my wife had stashed and thought I'd hit the lottery. lol Welcome to the guild.

On the positive side, you have a good eye for proportion. I like the ratio of building to space around them. The edge of path looks really good.

On the down side, a pond at the top of a cliff may draw the attention of the River Police.
    As a fellow newcomer here, I urge you check out the tutorials ... I've found lots of great ideas.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Gerenan's Avatar

Thanks =)

Hehe, River Police? =P

Yes, I've started. Is trying to create maps in Photoshop after a tutorial right now =)