Thread: Hic from the Sticks

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Default Hic from the Sticks

Hello everyone My name is Brady but most people call me ogre. Had this site in my favorites for a long time and never realized that i didn't have an account on here so figured i would make one. I live in the lower part of Louisiana so everybody understands the title. Wouldn't say i am the greatest at making maps, tho i have been doing it since i was in my early teens. Play alot of tabletop as i am sure many of you do as well. Thought this would be a good place to get inspiration for new maps and if i get up the gall to post my own. Not big on using programs just old pencil and paper method and that's all i got for now,heh.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Well, I gotta say a grand ol' howdy from the Great White North, and welcome to the Guild, the Mappiest Place on the Web

If there is ANY place where you can just let yourself go and let it all hang out (at least as far as mapping goes ) THIS is the place to do it. We really do need more Hand Drawn pen and paper maps here (/me hangs head in shame for his posted efforts) and don't be worried about the receptions either. We ALL like a good map, and please let US tell you if they are good or not, because if we think they could be better, more than likely you also be told how to get it there. We are here for the enjoyment of mapping, and hope to help others get better at it. Flaming is not allowed here, so crits are a lot more constructive than not.

In closing, Post It if You Got It. )

Enjoy your stay
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

No gall needed, Brady, just a dab of on s'en fout . 'Everybody understands the title' as in 'Voila le hic' being roughly "well THERE's your problem..." ? Heh. So go ahead and put some of your work up - we'd love to see it. Pencil & paper is fine - the subject of this month's Lite competition is 'hand-drawn maps' --if you've got something you started after Nov. 22, you've got til about 15 Dec to enter & finish...

And just to be clear - by 'from LLA' do you mean you're cajun or gaijin? In the same vein as the Balkan mapper putting down 'normal' local place names and to many of the rest of us, the result is exotic, you can maybe give us a bit of interesting setting if you show us some bayous and oxbows.

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave