Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost all files

Sigh… That reminder could not have come soon enough. Yesterday I accidently brushed a USB port with my headphone plug. *POP* And there went my system drive. So I attempted to restore my OS to the data drive, and Windows decided to reformat the thing instead of just installing. So EE, thank you for reminding me to back up!

On the plus side, I now have a brand new 2 TB data drive. Or I will in the morning, anyway. Formatting a drive this size seems to take some time.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I plan to buy 2 new 2 Tb drives, one for general backup and one for backup of my dvd collection which I am in the process of ripping to my network drive so I can stream it all through the house
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Got my 2tb external hardrive today! Good day this is.

Blog Entries

Good call. See my post on how to make a back up for your files real easy...

http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ainter-IX-Woes

If you dont find this way useful then at least your drive is new so you can just wipe it again. But for one line in a bat file this does all that I need.

Thanks red!

I am very sorry to those who have gone through a catastrophic epic fail. I too share your pain, as it has happened to me more times than I care to remember. I too use Dropbox, but only for files I need to access remotely. I have a External drive for backup. I use Webroot for virus removal, and it works well. The only thing that really scares me is my two teen age boys.
    "The only things that will be left after the Apocalypse will be Twitter and cockroaches. So prepare carefully!" ~ Needamedic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12