Thread: Hallo all!

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Default Hallo all!

Hello all,

My name is Matthijs, but you can call me Matt. I am living in the Netherlands, in the neighbourhood of Rotterdam. (Hallo is a dutch greeting)
    I love maps ever since I can remember. I have drawn several maps by hand, my biggest one being 80 A4-papers. May this year I started making maps on the computer using Inkscape. It took quite a long time to make a good map and I'm still not satisfied with my maps. Accidentally I found this forum and I love the maps here on this forum.
    I hope I can get some inspiration for my own maps and improve the quality of them.

-Matt

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hi Matt, and welcome to the guild - looking forward to seeing what you do ... make sure to check out our tutorial area
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Welcome, Matt! Wow - eighty sheets worth of map. I don't suppose that's been scanned or photographed?

If you want improvement, have you tried running through any of the tutorials here? Start one up, show us as you go, and you'll get plentiful advice and commentary.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Thanks guys! Sure I'll have a look at the tutorial section, I've already downloaded a few. All that stuff looks amazing.

@ jbgibson: That map is actually never scanned or photographed. When making it I was 9-13 years. I'll have a look at it to see if it is worth viewing.

-Matt