Thread: Deserted Dwarven city

Map Deserted Dwarven city

Ok so this is an old map of mine of a deserted dwarven city. As you can se on the map parts of the city is blocked of after an earth quake.

The map was designed for an adventure where the players were assigned a mission to get down in the town to collect som items, just to discover that it now was inhabited by goblins. so the easy adventure turned out to be a bit of a challenge.

well have fun watching it :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vättarnas_boning.jpg 
Views:	1159 
Size:	171.6 KB 
ID:	2775  

with a little (or much) work,
    It could becom a great city map that would gives us all the urge to explore it.
    Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

So it could be use here : www.l-hazard.com

Nifty map! I'm a big fan of the black rock, with the places carved from it--very visually stimulating (although a printer cartridge killer, that's for sure!) This is a neat idea, and one I must someday try! Great post.
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Excellent map Clercon, it brings back memories of FR's Undermountain. I hope you post up more of your maps.

One thing that would improve it is a simple map key. Most of the features are self explanatory, but there are a few that a key would help explain. For instance, is the oval in the center left of the map an arena or something else? Do the grey parts of the map uniformly symbolize a drop into the lower depths?

Thanks for all the nice words. The map is a couple of years old and yes there might be some improvements that would enhance the overall experience....but I didn't know how to by then :-)

I never bothered to put in any map key cause the map was for my eyes only...and I kinda knew what everything was. Anyway the grey areas do symbolize a drop in level of the surounding area. The oval in the center left of the map is a burial site. The room above, to where the waterway lead, is the ceremonial place for burials with a small tempel on an island. After the ceremony the dwarven priest would bring the body downstreams to the oval. The more simple dwarves would be thrown in to the pit (the grey oval) and the more importent members of the dwarven society would be burried in one of the five chambers next to the oval. Every chamber belonged to one of the five ruling familys that lived in the city.

I hope that answers your question :-)

Wow! It certainly does.

I had one other question Clercon, what program or programs did you use to create the map? It looks sharp and crisp, and whatever was used, it also appears to allow a varied color palette.

It's all done in Photoshop. The original is in quite a high resolution, probaly why it looks so crisp. To give you an idea of how big it really is I've attached a map that shows the burial site in its original size. Some of the details of the map only show up when you look at it in this size.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Begravningsområde.jpg 
Views:	354 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	2822