Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Known Realm of Arcadia

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Nicely done, certainly one to be proud of....like some of the other posters I find the text a bit hard to read in some areas.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

That map is stunning. Very beautiful.

Thank you all for the compliments and the rep! I realize the colors were darker than they were supposed to be. this is what caused the glow around the text to look so abbrassive i think. Let me know what you think about it now that it can be view properly

Hai-Etlik: thanks for pointing out the typo with the word capital. i was able to fix it before it was sent out to print. As far as projection and all that goes, i know what you are saying, but this map is not meant for navigation. It is simply for reference and aesthetics.

Sapiento: for the border, i used the pen tool to make the shape outlines of the corners and the Title and Legend. then i used a regular round brush to draw in the designs. took a long time, but was fun and turned out nicely i think.

Tilt: Love that +15 sword you are toting. I was able to figure out why i couldnt upload a copy of this map to the site originally and have now added it to the first post. Thank you for your suggestions about the project's website they are good ideas and will be taken into consideration.
    Our sense of the stability of the earth is an illusion due to the shortness of our lives.
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson

You deserve the rep, great map! Love the dragons in the top corner borders and reference globe in the bottom corner. And
    your quote made me laugh.

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

ok now I am trying to remember why i wanted to make my own map.... this is great, love the "Simple Detail" I could easily steal this to create my world around.
    JOB well done

I do not have the expertise to offer a critique... the map works very well to my taste. The darker portion is distracting at first but once a person enters closer, the detail is really finely done. Of course, your border is very good as well - the two dragons upper right and left - very nice!

Speaking for myself, I really like the detail in buildings and woodlands. You've smoothed and shadowed the mountains well. The edging of the coast - of two minds about it - but it fits the map style.

Regards, Gary

Amazing map! Love the cliffs and cracks and also the shadows and the font!

Are the brushs yours or did you use brushes found on the internet? (for the cities, the trees, etc.)
    >>>>>>>My finished maps!<<<<<<<

It's a good map, but what I really love about it is the border. That's some excellent work.

The map is great, but the border/frame is truly art!

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

I shall now take my hand drawn third grade-ish map, curl it up, find me a near hut and sulk about how awful I am at drawing maps.

...Nah, just kidding I'm not going to that, but this is amazing!

The website entrance page looks awesome - that soldier guy/gal scares me.

I'm also working on a fantasy novel that I hope turns the "chosen one" prophecy on it's head so to speak.

Good work!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast