Thread: The Known Realm of Arcadia

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map The Known Realm of Arcadia

Greetings all!

It has been quite some time since I have posted any maps on here. I have had the opportunity to work on an amazing project and I must give much thanks to this fantastic website and its community. If it were not for this site I wouldn't have been recognized by the author who commissioned me. Thank you Cartographer's Guild!

I present to you The Known Realm of Arcadia. It is a continental map for the up coming book series "The Battle For Arcadia", a very intriguing adult fantasy series that breaks away from today's mainstream fantasy. It will be releasing very soon. If you're interested, keep checking the website for updates www.thebattleforarcadia.com

The map took about 11 months to finish. This is mainly due to being pulled off of the map to help with other art aspects of the project which were equally fun. The map will be featured as a poster which will be available for purchase in the near future. it is comprised of 16 nations and over 160 major locations. I did it in photoshop with my wacom bamboo tablet. Hope you like it.

UPDATE: OK i figured out why it wasnt showing up on the web as it looked in photoshop. It was because i made the whole thing in CMYK for printing to poster. Changing it to RGB did the trick. It shouldnt look so dark now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArcadiaMapFinalFinal - Copy3.jpg 
Views:	1151 
Size:	3.90 MB 
ID:	40639  
    Last edited by Slylok; 03-16-2012 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Deleted broken link
    Our sense of the stability of the earth is an illusion due to the shortness of our lives.
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson