Thread: Google Sketchup Castle (Beginning Stage)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Google Sketchup Castle (Beginning Stage)

Hello everybody,

For a fun little project i decided i am going to try and design/create a castle. I decided to use Google Sketchup because its not too confusing. I am pretty new to all this and don't take it to seriously, just doing it for fun. I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions of what i could add and how. Or even a whole new castle design. At the moment they are three different building in one plot of land, all three letters being my initials.

The problem i have with the current design is when looking at it (as if i were standing infront of it) it is not that stunning. It is only nice from a sky-perspecting (in my view) so i might need to change the whole design. I would prefer something with my initials though.

Any ideas for new ideas or just things i could add would be nice. I was thinking about adding a garden/fountain in the backyard but not sure how to do that with Google Sketchup.

Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2011-12-15 11h 45m 05s.png 
Views:	3561 
Size:	2.04 MB 
ID:	40669

EDIT: My 2nd attempt at a castle: This is very different from my first and pretty modern castle, has nothing really unique. What i like about this castle is the stairs over the mote and the sideways shapes walls where the castle lies. I am going for a third attempt.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2011-12-16 23h 16m 41s.png 
Views:	588 
Size:	696.0 KB 
ID:	40690
    Last edited by cartonewbie; 12-16-2011 at 11:18 PM.